148. Register of trade marks agents.- The Registrar of trade marks shall maintain a register of trade marks agents wherein shall be entered the name, address of the place of residence, address of the principal place of business, the nationality, qualifications and date of registration of every registered trade marks agent.
149. Registration of existing registered trade marks agents, code of conduct etc.- (1) Notwithstanding anything in rule 150, every person whose name has been entered in the register of trade marks agents maintained under the old law shall be deemed to be registered as a trade marks agent under these rules.
(2) The Registrar may publish in the Journal a code of conduct for registered trade marks agent authorising them to act as such.
150. Qualification for registration .- Subject to the provisions of rule 151, a person shall be qualified to be registered as a trade marks agent if he-
- is a citizen of India;
- is not less than 21 years of age;
- has passed the examination prescribed in rule 154 or is an
Advocate within the meaning of the Advocates Act, 1961 (25 of 1961), or
is a Member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India;
- is a graduate of any university in India or possess an equivalent qualification; and
- is considered by the Registrar as a fit and proper person to be registered as a trade mark agent.
Being a India Trademark Attorney is both a demanding and rewarding profession.